Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Top 10 Favorite Things about OctoberBaby

The movie October Baby opens this weekend in Alabama and Mississippi (sorry everyone else! You have to wait till next spring!).  So if you are looking for something to do this weekend that DOESN'T involve costumes.... here's my top 10 things I liked about this movie...

10) The oil rig  - almost every beach scene has this one oil rig in it.. . .no matter what beach they are supposedly on. :-)

9) Alabama Theatre - this is an absolutely beautiful theatre - if you've never been to one of their movie nights I highly recommend it.  Watch the OctoberBaby trailer and you'll see it in the first scenes....

8) Evelyn - who doesn't love a good road trip movie?  Especially one taken in a VW Bus? Evelyn, the VW, rocks.

7) Mobile and Dauphin Island - home, sweet, home!  It's fun to watch a movie on the big screen and say "Hey! I know where that is!"  "I've been there!"  The bad part about knowing the locations is knowing that it doesn't really take a day to travel from DI to Mobile.


6) Truman - the comic relief.  He's so funny and his timing is great! 

5) Jasmine Guy - any Different World fans out there? Can I get a shout out?  I loved seeing Jasmine Guy in this role.  She was great!

4) Birth Mother - the actress that plays her has an amazing story.  Watch it here.

3) Jason - I LOVE that Jason does things the right way.  He treats Hannah and her father with respect when it counts the most.  Most Hollywood films wouldn't have played it that way.

2) Directors' father - he was at the screening in Mobile and told us a great story.  When his two sons were small, they said "Dad, we think God is calling us to make Christian movies".  Did he say "That's nice, boys" and pat them on the head?  No.  He bought them a camera and a computer.  Now they've won Dove awards for their music videos and have created their first motion picture which hit it out of the park.   Way to nurture your kids' dreams, dad!

1) Helping a good cause - 10% of proceeds will go to crisis pregnancy centers and orphan agencies.  Can't beat that!


No comments: