Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Movies, movies, movies!

If you know me well you know that I LOVE movies!  When I was younger I would watch them over and over until I could recite the whole thing.  To this day I still have Princess Bride pretty much down cold.   Of course having children changes things and it's a rare treat these days to get to watch any movie, much less in a theater.  Much less two in one week!!  Much less for free!!!

Sunday night Ben and I went to go see Courageous.  You've probably heard us talking about this movie since we got to see the screening in April.  We've been looking forward to seeing it again and had a great time.  It was kind of fun for me to watch it again in the theater because I could pay attention to the reactions of those around me since I already knew what was coming.  Ben had received some free movie passes for his birthday so that was an extra blessing too!

At Courageous, there were several trailers that looked interesting.  One was for a movie called October Baby.  On Monday I received an email inviting me to a screening for ... October Baby! The screening was the next day however so I had to scramble to find someone to go with me!  Thankfully my friend Ashlie was free!



We had a great time at the movie!  It's a coming of age flick (one of my favorite genres) about a girl named Hannah.  She finds out that she was adopted after a failed abortion attempt and goes in search for her birth mother.  Her journey takes her to none other than MOBILE, ALABAMA!

The movie was filmed entirely in Alabama with several scenes featuring Mobile and Dauphin Island.  The Alabama Theater in Birmingham also features prominently as does St. Paul's Cathedral (also in Bham).

The story was good.  The acting was very good.  The message is great.  Plus, 10% of the movie's proceeds will be donated to crisis pregnancy centers and orphan agencies.

Although the movie doesn't open nationwide until the spring, there is a special limited release in Mississippi and Alabama starting on Oct 28th!  So visit the website, look for theaters near you and mark your calendars.  You won't want to miss this one!

No comments: