Saturday, October 29, 2011

Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday Maggie's grade took their first field trip.  The went to a great pumpkin patch in Saraland put on by College Park Baptist Church.  At first I was wondering why were were going to one so far away when there are other closer, cheaper, ones near by.   But my questions were soon put to rest.

The church really does a GREAT job with their field trips.  They had several activies for the kids - two story times, a pumkin decorating area, a general store where they could choose their snack, a "hay" ride (although there was no hay but I wasn't complaining), individual pictures of each and every kid (including a print out!) and a group photo for the teacher! All the stories and even the hayride had biblical truths in them.  Their many volunteers were WONDERFUL with the children - so engaging and creative!  I was impressed.  And the kids had a GREAT time.  And they were so well behaved throughout the whole experience.

But my favorite thing of the whole day was really just getting to be with the class - to put faces with names, meet a lot of the parents.  I've been feeling very disconnected from the class since I can't volunteer at the school that much with Abby.  So this was a special opportunity for me.  (Siblings aren't allowed on field trips, so Ben took off work and stayed home with Abby so I could go - thank you!!)


Class Photo:
(one child was home sick.)
 


 One of the Storytimes:



 Yes, Maggie was enjoying herself:


 Hayride took them to the baseball field behind the church:


They had a story along the edge of the field to read as you rode along:



Maggie with Reagan (left, tablemate) and Blakely (center, buddy for day - we rode together)

 Of couse we had to take one home.....love that smile!


No comments: