Last night at dinner Maggie was telling me our phone numbers and I was glad that she had finally learned them without me having to prompt her. So I asked her if she'd like to call our home number. I gave her my cell phone and let her call the house number. She thought that was pretty cool. Then, when the home phone rang, I went to answer it and she thought that was VERY funny. We had a nice little conversation.
So then she wanted to try it the other way around, so she called my cell phone from my home phone and told me to pretend that she was calling from college. What?!?! I'm not ready to THINK about that much less pretend it - she hasn't even started kindergarten yet and she's already thinking about college. sheesh!
So I'm chatting with her like she's a big freshman and she wants to know when I can come to visit her at college.
Me: "How about today?"
Maggie: "ok! What time can you be here?"
Me: "In an hour!"
Maggie: "Ummmmm, I don't know if I can get the house clean that fast."
Oh, I died laughing! Maggie says "What?!?"
:-D
No comments:
Post a Comment