Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day of School!

Well today was the BIG day! Daddy took off work so he could go with us to drop off Maggie and pick her up.  We all did a good job getting out the door on time - I have to say I was proud of myself. :-)

Maggie showed signs early on of being nervous.  We let her have Fruit Loops for breakfast - usually she only gets them on her birthday!  But she just picked at them for a long time.    Then on the ride to school she was very quiet - I started taking a few pics to document the day and asked Maggie to look at me.  She just said "no."   I didn't bother correcting her. :-)

Once at school she did ok until we got the door for her building - I had to give her a couple of gentle nudges to get her to walk forward.  And while waiting for her turn to enter the classroom she was VERY quiet indeed!  

But she did smile for the picture with Mrs. Robbins and didn't make a fuss about going into the room.


Mommy and Daddy did quite well today also.  It felt weird not to have her with us but there were no tears. :-)  

When we picked her up, she looked like she had a fun day! 

Her attitude in the car was back to the usual happy girl we know and love.

And she even got a prize out of the trinket box.  Apparently the whole class did so well today everyone got to pick out something. :-)

We took her out to lunch at Moe's - her choice.  By the way, I was very disappointed in that the restaurant seems to have stopped greeting it's customers in the usual manner.    I digress.


She told us all about her day, well, as much as she could remember.   She found out today that as the "Star Student" for next week, she'll get to be line leader and Mrs. Robbin's helper for the class! She was very excited about that!  
We're all looking forward to day two!

No comments: