Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

We had a nice relaxing Father's Day at our house. This morning we added to our perenial Father's Day banner:


I started this in 2009 when Maggie was 3. We just save it from year to year and each year I let the child(ren) add something to it. When Maggie was too young to write I did her hand prints. The next year she wrote her name. I thought this year Maggie would write a note to daddy or draw one of her family pictures but after she saw Abby's handprint she decided to make her own. I thought it was very sweet.

We looked at Abby's baby book this afternoon - Maggie wanted us to read every last entry to her! Abby celebrated by cutting tooth #8. We also played Pop-o-matic Trouble. Mommy won. I tried to let Daddy win but sadly the fates favored me today. Daddy came in third. But he was a good sport. :-) He made up for it by cooking some wonderful steaks on the grill! Yum!

I didn't try to make any kind of special dessert as I would usually do, seeing as how we have large carrot cake in the house and a newly purchased box of oreo ice cream sandwiches (Daddy bought those!). So I decided to make the latter festive:

We closed out the night by watching some of the Dennis Swanberg DVD he got for Father's day. And of course, by tickling Maggie. We always end the day with that. :-)

No comments: