Saturday, January 06, 2007

Zwieback

Maggie had her first taste of Zwieback today. For those of you who don't know (I didn't until a couple of months ago) zwieback is a piece of bread that's been "baked twice" (in german) to form a very hard, crunchy, long lasting chew toy for toddlers. . . or sailors apparently. Anyway, I was surprised to see Maggie take to it so readily - she has just recently allowed me to put table food in her mouth and is still pretty hesitant to eat anything that remotely involves some kind of texture. So imagine my surprise when I handed her a piece of zwieback and she started munching away! I eventually grabbed my camera and got some video to capture the interesting facial expressions and the loud CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH. She had been chewing away for a couple of minutes by the time I got the camera rolling, so it doesn't seem as if she's that interested, but you can tell she's gnawed off a corner already. Here she is showing off the final product:

No comments: