Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Heart of the Problem

We have a wonderful Associate Pastor at our church. His name is Kerry Skinner and he preaches most Sunday nights. When I go to the evening services I feel like I'm sitting at the feet of a great teacher of the Scriptures and I come away refreshed and recommitted to walking with Christ that week. I had a chance to talk with him recently and he told me of a book he had co-authored entitled "The Heart of the Problem". I thought it would be a good way to start out the new year. I'm three days into it (I started a week "late") and already this book is challenging me to rethink some of the humanistic philosophies that I had unknowingly picked up along the way and to refocus on the simple truth of the gospel. Who knows where this will lead but it's got me thinking quite a bit - meditating on the meaning of scriptures and examining my attitudes and beliefs. I recommend checking it out if you are looking for a good study.

No comments: