Sunday, May 22, 2011

No prize for 2nd best...

Our church had what passes for a church picnic today. Instead of actually having a picnic, they sell $5 tickets and provide the food (hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans, chips and water) and you bring a dessert. This time they had "Sweet Tooth Wars" - a competition for the best homemade cakes, pies, cupcakes and cookies with a prize award for each category. This was my entry:

You may recognize this as my Lemon Pudding Cheesecake. Or you may not because I FINALLY learned how to make the sides turn out pretty! The secret? Line the pan with parchment paper of course! Brilliance! Thank you, google! To make it even prettier, I learned I should cook it in a water bath, but let's not get carried away here.

As I'm sure you've guessed by the title, I didn't win. I like to imagine I was a close runner up. But it all got eaten so I figure that's close enough. :-)

No comments: