Friday, March 04, 2011

God Will Lift Up Your Head

Make sure your speakers are on!

I added a new song to my playlist and I wanted to mention why. This was a song that God gave to me when I was first dealing with infertility, before we had Maggie. When I was at my lowest point, I was listening to Jars of Clay's CD "Redemption Songs" and when "God Will Lift Up Your Head" came on, it was like God tapped me on the shoulder and said to me "Listen carefully, this one is for you."

There is a line at the end that says "Wait 'cause in His time so shall this night soon end in joy... soon end in joy. .. soon end in joy.... soon end in JOY". And I knew that was His promise to me. I didn't know that God was promising me a baby, but I knew he was promising me Joy - with or without a child. I am very thankful that he chose to to give me both.

When we faced secondary infertility, this song again brought comfort to my heart and reminded me of His promises. We chose Abby's name for many reasons, but one of most important was it's meaning "Source of Joy".

Frequently when friends and family are going through hard times, this song comes to my mind and so I added it to my playlist for you. If you are experiencing a "night" right now, I hope this can encourage you as well.

(For lyrics, click here)

No comments: