Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Parade


A friend invited us to attend the Semmes Christmas Parade today. Semmes is a small town north of Mobile. This was the first parade that Maggie has ever seen! She had a good time although I think it took her a little bit to decide what she thought of the whole thing.
Of course, no parade in Mobile would be complete without throws - I think Mobilians think every day is Marde Gras! So Maggie got to collect her share of beads, candy, rings, and even a teddy bear!


It was a small parade, but a great size for Maggie's first one. There were 2 or 3 marching bands (unfortunately, none of them were playing when they marched past us so Maggie only got to hear the drums) and fire engines and about 10 floats or so and of course horses both large....

and small....

When it was all over, Maggie said "more?!?" so I guess she liked it even though we never had any really big smiles. But she's been holding onto that bear all afternoon. :-)

No comments: