Maggie has had a fever since Sunday so I finally took her to the doctor. Doc said she has a virus but everything else is fine and the fever should end soon. Later this afternoon, I was on the computer with Maggie on my lap. I heard a crunching sound and looked down to see Maggie chewing something while holding staples in her hand! I said "Maggie! Are you chewing something?" (nodding) "Are you chewing staples?" (nodding and swallowing) "Don't swallow them!" "Maggie - did you eat staples" (yes).
So after calling our doctor we went to the ER and after 2 hours and a set of x-rays discovered Maggie had not in fact swallowed staples. But Maggie has learned that the ER is a fun place to get popsicles. So Mommy had a good talk with Maggie when we got home about lying. I think I'll start keeping popsicles at home.
The good news is that she has not had a fever since this afternoon - yea!
No comments:
Post a Comment